11.16.2009

in motion.

i have finally gotten it together enough to talk school. for six months, give or take, i've had my app to JMU's MBA program 1/2 finished. something happened last week and i decided to start moving on it. i am financially in motion to clear out my debt, restructure my budget, and have begun filling out my FAFSA. i spoke to my old professor today from MBC that heads the ADP department and discussed options. i was trying to make something work there for logistical reasons, but it's not going to pan out. back to JMU. starts august of 2010. gives me time to line up financial aid, babysitting, and a reasonable school/homework schedule. now comes the really hard part: getting accepted.

i am so nervous. i probably shouldn't even be putting anything down in black and white. GRE/GMAT's make me want to throw up. i don't remember the last time i took a standardized test. that phrase alone makes me want to scream. AND ... if i don't get in, i do have a backup plan, which i suppose is a good thing. i might take a class in the meantime just because - get my feet wet and make sure it's the route i want to go before i go back into debt even though this time will be a much worthier cause.

so i'm excited. nervous. feel a little more like i have a compass instead of like a two-year old spinning around on a merry-go-round. now let's see where this takes me. because you know i have 1,000,001 more ideas that keep floating around in my head that i can't stop. and maybe one of those will take hold before this does. what can i say ... i'm full of thoughts and ideas!

volleyball stunk tonight. we lost. didn't play well - most of us didn't, i should say. and really we beat ourselves. there's always next week. yesterday we didn't do terrible - won one, lost one. we shouldn't have lost but we were tired at the end. and i know frank set up the schedule that way on purpose :) six games ... we were just done.

and i'm done. after the 8k in richmond saturday morning, i slept so-so that night. sunday morning i did a 90-min yoga class, then had brunch with a "new" friend - she and i had a great time talking, getting to know each other, i bought a pair of earrings i've been looking at for over a year (yeah!), then started fall cleaning my house, two volleyball matches, and early to bed. exhausted to say the least.

and i'm pretty sure it's time i go to bed.

gratitude:
- a bigger plan than my own
- acceptance, in the brief instances i own that feeling
- ashy's sweet face

No comments:

Post a Comment